This recipe is a really quick and simple one. I often turn to it to use up extra white potatoes but it would also work great for sweet potatoes…
I like to keep the skin on the potatoes for a little extra texture, the potatoes can be cut thinly or left as chunky as you prefer.
I like to make a big batch and freeze them in smaller portions so I can easily cook them from frozen for mid-week meals. They are also great for snacking on when you have a group of friend around for drinks or slouching in front of a movie with a loved one…
- 4 large white potatoes (e.g. King Edward or Maris Piper)
- 2 tbs cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tbs dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- Cut potatoes into wedges/chips (peel if required)
- Mix the rest of the ingredients apart from the oil together in a large freezer bag, add the potatoes and toss to coat the potatoes completely
- If cooking straight away, toss them in the oil and spread evenly on a baking tray so the potatoes do not overlap.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes at 180 degrees C, depending on the size of the potatoes (mine were quite thick so I baked for the full 45 minutes), turn them half way through cooking to brown evenly
- Serve with whatever dips you like, I just like mine with plain mayo…
If you are planning on freezing them, then just leave the potatoes in the freezer bag and stick it straight into freeze. Once completely frozen, the potatoes will stick together. To separate them, just smack the whole bag against counter top and they will break apart. They can be baked from frozen, just coat them with the oil straight from the freezer and add ten minutes onto the cooking time.
You can add whatever spices you want to the spice mix, go ahead and experiment with flavours! 😀
If you like these potatoes, check out these ‘Crinkle Cut Potatoes‘ made in the same way but using a handy vegetable crinkler!