How happy does this picture make you feel? I’m looking forward to seeing clear blue skies and flowers in the summer time again! In the mean time I’m going to keep staring at my lovely Sunshine Award! 🙂
Not only was I lucky enough to be nominated for this award by Dimple at Shivaay Delights, but a week later Laura at The Veggy Side of Me also nominated me! (As you can see I’m pretty far behind on my posts.)
Please go and check out Laura and Dimple’s blogs, they provide constant inspiration for my usually boring cooking habits! Thanks ladies! 🙂
So when receiving this award, here are the rules on what happens next:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
The 10 questions I have to answer are here:
- Why did you start blogging? To start sharing my passion for baking and cooking with people who want to listen! 😉
- Sweet or Savoury? Sweet! Then a bit of savoury so I can move back to the sweet again… That’s why afternoon tea is so amazing!
- If you were to go on a reality TV programme, what would it be and why? I’m very camera shy, I’d probably accidentally end up in front of a camera rather than volunteering to be in the programme!
- What was the last thing you Googled? ‘Sri Lanka Visa’- because I’ve booked flights to go there in September! It’s so exciting and I can’t wait! 🙂
- Night in or Night out? Night in, unless the night out only involves going to a lovely restaurant. I’m no longer interested in bars and clubs, I prefer quiet spaces with fewer people… Most people would say I’m quite dull! LOL!
- What has been your favourite blog post to write? Most definitely the Coriander Paneer and Jeera Rice post! It was a post about my attempts to try out fellow bloggers recipes, so not even my own creations but it got a really positive response! It confirmed to my mind that blogging is about the sharing within the community and is an example of how the blogging community loves to show support for one another. One of the recipes was actually Dimple’s! 🙂
- What is the one thing you never leave home without? My wallet. I feel very insecure when I don’t have some form of money with me! It can be a few coins or my debit card. You never know what will happen!
- Where would you most like to travel to? Well aside from Sri Lanka in September, I would love to do a 6 month tour of South Asia. I love the flavours of the foods from that side of the world, and I especially like to try Asian street foods! (Yes, I plan my holidays around food too!)
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be? I’d like to be able to teleport to any place I’d like to go. This would both be handy in every day life (I’m sick of commuting to work and travelling on public transport!) as well as helping with my Asian travel adventures. Imagine if I could just teleport around the world? I wouldn’t have to do my travels in one trip, just do weekends away! Oh to dream…
- What can we expect to find from your blog in the future? I’m currently starting my kitchen garden for this year. I’ve been trying to grow my own fruit and veg for the last few years and have been fairly successful in growing cucumbers, beans and courgettes. However the cold weather in Northern England means that tomatoes and aubergines have yet to be accomplished! I’d like to use my home grown vegetables in some of my blog posts… please cross your fingers for a decent British summer this year! 🙂
So that’s all about me… now the ten people I nominate are…
- Elaine @ Foodbod
- Melissa @ The Glen House
- Sadia @ Savoury and Sweet Food
- Veronica @ Short and Sweet
- Tammela @ Wherever I am, you are there also
- Vivien @ One Stove
- Ada @ More Food, Please
- Ahmed @ That Photo Thing
- Laura @ La Petite Paniere
- Sonal @ Simply Vegetarian 777
Now these virtual friends of mine have been nominated because they bring sunshine to my life! Through their own blogs I get inspiration, through their words I get encouragement, and through their praise I feel pride. Please check out their blogs and see what your missing out on!
So guys, if you are willing to accept your award I’d be happy if you would answer these questions:
- What do you look forward to most when you first wake up?
- Are you a ‘night’ or a ‘day’ person?
- What is your dream job, and why?
- What would you like to see on my blog in future?
- What was the last dream remember having?
- Flowers or chocolates?
- What other hobbies do you have aside from blogging?
- When was the last time you did a handwritten letter, who was it to?
- What cheers you up on a dreary day?
- “A picture paints a thousand words”- post a picture that you like and explain why.
I hope you find these questions thought provoking, if not at least a little fun to answer!